Hilton Head Hospital shares employee wellness work with Working Well Centers of Excellence
3/8/2012 11:43 AM
Greetings from Hilton Head Island! Recently, Hilton Head Hospital had the opportunity to host the first Working Well Center of Excellence site visit. Our wellness champions along with hospital administration and human resource specialists shared Hilton Head Hospital’s passion for wellness.
- Holly Mlodzinski, Health Promotions Coordinator
- Martha Bridges, Cardiac Rehabilitation Coordinator
- Marc Cook, Director of Food and Nutrition Services
- Karen Neil, Smoking Cessation Coordinator
- Tom Neal, Director of Business Development
During the visit, other Centers of Excellence had the opportunity to learn more about wellness efforts at Hilton Head Hospital, including:
- An increased wellness incentive for 2012
- Healthy food options in the cafeteria
- Tobacco cessation programs that resulted in Hilton Head Hospital receiving the Gold Star award in November 2011
Hilton Head Hospital is proud to report that our wellness incentive has increased to $600 for 2012. Employees and spouses who are benefit eligible, complete a yearly health assessment and wellness exam, and earn 200 wellness credits are eligible for the monetary incentive. We are currently working on ways to improve tobacco-free campus signage, price incentives for our employee cafeteria and stairwell prompts to encourage employees to be more active at work.
We thank the other Centers of Excellence who made the long trip to Hilton Head. We are looking forward to visiting your facilities to learn more about wellness programs in other hospitals.
To learn more about being healthy at Hilton Head Hospital, check us out online and download our free Hilton Head Hospital mobile app.