"This program helps by motivating and encouraging us to push our school, faculty, and students to be active and make healthy choices."
- 2012 Zone Health School Leader
Schools play an important role in the fight against obesity. The Zone Health School Obesity Prevention Program is helping more than 80 district and school teams make healthy changes on campus. These efforts are giving over 130,000 students, faculty, and staff greater access to healthy meals and snacks, physical activity breaks, and health education.
Zone Health works with schools to fight childhood obesity by improving their nutrition and physical activity environments.
The program helps schools:
- Form a diverse school wellness team
- Use an online assessment to idenfity areas to improve
- Initiate an action plan using low-cost resources and equipment
- Write policies to support healthy behaviors
- Get recognized for their efforts with the $1000 Zone Health Award